Monday, September 24, 2012

On Showering

Some things in life will never end.  You will accomplish something, and yet it needs to be done again, no matter what you do.  Showering, laundry, eating, doing dishes, making your bed.  These needs will never be satisfied.  I will do them, and have to keep doing them on a regular basis for the rest of my life.

My roommates judge me sometimes because I hate showering so much.  But I just hate showering. SO. MUCH.  I have very thick hair, a blessing I am thankful for daily, which can pull off not being washed for nine--count 'em, nine--days without anyone even noticing.  Now, I wash it more frequently than every nine days.  Specifically, once or twice a week.  And I shower more frequently than that.  Why is this such a bad thing? No one can tell, it's healthier for your hair, I am using less water, I have to buy less shampoo, and that is time I'm not wasting drying my hair, which is no small feat.

Boys don't appreciate how lucky they are.  Hair washing is probably not something they have to put on their to-do list, to set aside a chunk of time for.  I do.  I schedule my hair washing.  Otherwise I just don't do it.  Perhaps this isn't a gender thing.  Perhaps this is just a me thing.

Either way, I hate showering.  The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment