Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Moments

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a break between two of my classes.  One that is long enough to need something substantial to fill my time, but too short to justify ging home.  This leaves me with a daily decision of what to fill my time with.  I have inadvertently being doing the same thing with my time every week:  finding a new spot on campus, and sitting, thinking, and possibly doing some homework.  This experience has made me want to start keeping up this habit on purpose, because it is in these moments that I truly appreciate the opportunity I have to be here on this beautiful campus, where the spirit of the Lord is so strong.

It is in these moments that the fact hits me: I am really here.  I am a student at BYU.  I am in college.  I'm not here for a camp.  I'm not down visiting my siblings.  I am studying.  I am going to a singles ward.  I am living in an apartment.  And I love it.  I absolutely love it.  But I don't realize I love it until I have these quiet times to look at my life and really see what I have.

So far I have been by the waterfall at the of south campus, under a tree at the north side of the Wilkinson center, and on the lawn across the road from the JKB. Right now I am leaning against a pillar just outside the RB, looking at all the big, shady trees surrounding me and thinking of how nice the sun feels on my skin, but still acknowledging the relief my skin feels when a breeze picks up.  I feel as though I could stay here forever and be happy.  But alas, I have class to go to.  I have homework to do.  I have friends to make. I have skills to learn.  I have a self to improve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment