Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Roommate

My roommate and I are very different.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love living with her.  She is clean, hardworking, funny, nice, supportive, and a good influence (and single...fellas...).  The fact remains, we are extremely different.  Take tonight as an example.  I'm sitting on the couch, internetting as usual, when my roommate comes and flops on the couch.

"I'm so booooooooooooooooooored," she cried, looking at me expectantly.
"I'm sorry," I said, still focusing on whatever it was on the screen keeping me occupied.
"Why don't we have any friendsss?"
"Speak for yourself."
"Let's go doooo something."
"I am doing something. I'm internetting."

Somehow, fifteen minutes later, we are going for a walk.  In the rain.  To nowhere.  Simply because my roommate is bored.

We're different.  She's assertive.  I am passive.  This is going to be an interesting semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment