Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Holden

It's possible that my nieces and nephew are the cutest human beings on planet earth.  My friends grow tired of Holden stories, I think, but i never will.  Whether it's a video of him singing call me maybe, or the most recent mannerism he has picked up, I could talk about him for days.  The sound of his little voice saying, "I love you," with the "L" sounding like a "W" can invariably brighten my day.  Even when he's being a terror, and won't stop biting or whining or sassing, I would still rather be with him than without him.  Going away for the college for the first time was hard. I didn't cry when I left my parents.  I did cry when I left Holden.

He's almost four years old now.  I was 15 when he was born, an awesome age to be an aunt. I've always thought I was lucky to be able to be an aunt rather than an older sister.  What good is an adorable baby to a 10 year old? But to a 15 year old, babies are only the greatest things on the entire planet. And the older I get, the more I am grateful to have my sweet nieces and nephews, otherwise I might be in a big hurry to have some of my own.

Harper and Kelsey are the cutest little girls in the entire world.  They are only four months apart, so they can grow up being best cousin friends.  Harper is at the cuddly, wants to be held but can still sort of stand up kind of stage.  She is a chubbster and has the cutest rolls of fat I have ever seen.  At what age does that fat stop being cute and start being gross?  I wish it was never.  I'd be adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment