Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Roommate (no, the other roommate)

As alluded to in the previous post, I have a roommate who is pretty close to engagement.

How long have they been dating, you ask?  A year? Six months?

Close.  When I think about it, I guess it's been...almost 3 weeks.

But don't worry, guys, they've known each other for over a month.

When I tell people this, they ask me if this is a surprise, or if she is the kind of girl you would expect this type of thing from.  I never know what to say, because I don't really know her.  I knew her for a total of one day before she met her boy toy, and after they met, it went from "Where's Shelby?" to "Do I need to ask where Shelby is?" to "Where are Shelby and Ryan?".  And now it's more like "What are their wedding colors going to be?"

It was amazing, really, how fast she got him.  One night, they're meeting, chatting, and awkwardly flirting with all of us around, the next day they are leaving FHE together to go get dinner, two days later they're holding hands while we hike the Y, and by Sunday they are already DTRing (he wants to make it official, she wants to "take it a day at a time").  Tuesday they're macking, Friday and I've yet to even see Shelby because she's gone before I wake up and is with Ryan all day, and the next Sunday they are official.

He's met her mom, she's been to his house for the weekend, and I am in the hunt for a new roommate.

I'm not really sure what we were expecting with things moving so quickly, but when Ryan called Amanda to ask about Shelby's ring preferences, we all went into freak-out mode.  Emily has the worst of it.  It could happen to any of us, she keeps saying.  No one is safe.

Everyone says it's not going to happen to them.  But really, really, it's not going to happen to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment