Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Red

Taylor Swift's new album.  Red.  I love it. 

A lot of people are criticizing it because it isn't her normal country vibe, but I love her new sound.  I feel like if I were a singer and I were touring around the world singing the same songs over and over and over, I would want to mix things up a little bit so I didn't sound exactly the same all the time.  I would also hope that what I was singing sounded different when I was 22 than it did when I was 15.

I just wish Taylor Swift could be my best friend.  She is just so nice and real, but exciting at the same time.  I am so afraid of risks and anything uncomfortable, and she is always so open to new things, even though she knows it could lead to heartbreak.  That is a skill she has that makes her such a good songwriter.  If she played it safe, she would have nothing interesting to write songs about, but because she falls so hard so fast, she has song inspiration out the wazoo.

I'm glad I can just listen to Taylor's music and live vicariously through her, because going through those ups and downs all the time would be exhausting.  I don't know how she does it.  But I am glad she does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment