Monday, October 22, 2012

Anchorage

I've only been in my grandma's apartment one time that I can remember.  She lives in Anchorage, Alaska, and has for most of her life.  She is 91 years old, and still lives independently, which amazes me.  She is in excellent shape, and she volunteers and the local hospital gift shop, as well as tourist centers.  She brought me up to Alaska for a visit when I was 14, and was an amazing host.  Although I'm sure she was tired much of the time, she took me anywhere and everywhere a tourist would want to go.  I went on a boat ride in Seward, Shopping in downtown anchorage, and to a nature reserve in Soldotna.

Her apartment was small but tidy.  I slept on a pull out couch in the living room, as there was only one bedroom.  At 86 she could still drive, which was a feat in my mind, and her car was the grandma-est car I have ever seen.

It's been 8 minutes and my brain is not having it today.  Sorry, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment